Monday, May 18, 2009

I Know You Got Soul: Mix Like A Pro

What's up everybody?

This blog is all about the sound behind the soul and with that said I've got to big a big ups to my engineer Pro Logic. Back in Feb when I dropped he mixed Dub City, he explained the process that he went through to mix all of my vocals. I was stunned and amazed at the meticulous approach he took. The vocal compression, the editing, everything. Everything we work on seems to get better when we are in the studio together. I can't tell you the last time I had this kind of vibe working with an engineer. Not only does he help with the mixing and the sound of the record but he also gives his input on the sequencing and cohesive feel of the overall project.

As we speak, I know that right now he's mixing S.O.S. I remember when we started recording and re-recording songs for the project and the more we recorded I could feel something special about the project. I can definitely say that this project has been a blast to record. I can't wait to see the response once the masses get a hold of this.

Aside fro that Pro and I also have some music we are working on together so you can look out for that in the near future. There's so much more to come. Right now it's about about S.O.S. Tell a friend to tell a friend to tell 10 that S.O.S. is coming.

If you need to get at him for mixing or production; hit him up.

http://www.myspace.com/prologicmusic

See you when I see you.

"think big I'm onto to big things" - L.I.R.I.X.

No comments:

Post a Comment