Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Know You Got Soul: It's All About H.I.T.S.

What's going on everyone?

As promised I'm back with another blog about the production on S.O.S. I'll be giving you a breakdown about H.I.T.S. production record Back Stabber.

Earlier in the year Brian & Chris hit me up about some records they wanted me to check out. They sent over this chopped up O'Jays record and I instantly fell in love. The song is about people who you think are your friends but in the end all they do is stab you in the back. Its one of my favorites from S.O.S.

Here is the written song, take it in.

"Back Stabbers"

Chorus:
Backstabbers wan take your spot
They’ve been plotting all along
They wanna see you fall
They’ve been plotting all along
Backstabbers wan make you drop
They’ve been plotting all along
They wanna see you fall
They’ve been plotting all along

Verse1:
I’m tired of trying to be the nice
Had to decide to I let the nice guy die
Now I’m standing on top of the nice guy’s grave
Cold hearted charm; feel the ice in my veins
It’s a cruel world I’m caught up in a parlor game
Harboring feelings, scarred my heart & brain
Still wondering to myself; is it really hard to change
I’m caught up in a war between who’s good & evil
Is it my fault for trying to see the good in people?
Never thought I’d be second guessing my best friend
Ain’t a bitch how these back stabbers tend to blend in?
Only around because they sense of your aura of bucks
I didn’t order disgust; they ain’t here for aura of love
Never been a fan of pigs, everyone got the swine flu
When the truth is a lie, even the money can blind you

Verse 2:
All the while I throw pennies in a wishing well
I know that deep down they don’t wish me well
Instead they casting lines; fishing for me to fail
They trying to pull the wool over your dreams
Sometimes it’s hard to see the wolf in the sheep
I guess standing up in unison lost its Mystique
I’m in a tug a war feel it pushing me, pulling me
Not sure who to trust living like I’m Wolverine
Getting bad vibes I can only feel the hate in you
Now I’m fighting with X-men like Saber-tooth
I can only be me stay up, be true, keep it regular
Leaving scenes in the cutting room like directors
A new cast of Friends out of touch feeling extra
My life is a movie wit too many actors & extras
That’s what you get wit back stabbing investors

Verse 3:
When I was going through it, I did it on my own B
When I was on my lonely, you didn’t phone me
I’m dealing wit phony homies who don’t know me
Watch them closely someone’s always watching
So tell me this, who is it watching the Watchmen
Don’t just watch your enemies watch your friends
No values, no morals without codes of conduct
Everybody’s an artist; & every con wants a cut
The voice in their head spells a different agenda
All the while you thought this was a joint venture
There’s a thin line between being loyal & stupid
Friendships that were Royal end up being ruined
It happened with Jesus & Judas, Cesar & Brutus
You got to lift vales of betrayal to see through it
‘Cause every man wit a crown isn’t fit to be king
An these days anybody will shit on your dreams

Right now Brian, Chris & I are working on some new music for our project coming out at the end of this year. There's more to come so be on the look out for them and if you need production get at them. Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/heavyinthestreet

Don't worry, I'm not done just yet. Later on today, I'll be hitting you with a second dose about Krazy Jay and our song "Don't Give Up".

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment