Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Don't Know Where To Start ... 63,000+ Downloads !!!

What's going on? It's been a few days since I hit you all with some news. Consider today the first of many updates. There is so much happening right now, in the last few weeks. It feels like everything has really changed.

As you all know since 2009 started I have been running multiple campaigns with my devoted team of Grind-A-Holix. We released Second Renaissance at the top of the year in January and since its release it has done almost 25,000 plays on Myspace and almost 20,000 downloads. The record really has taken on a life of its own. Next week there will be a huge email blast campaign launching next Friday thanks to MP3 Waxx. Preston has also done some artwork to go with it and Record Pools have been requesting the record to give it a bigger push.

On Feb. 28th, I dropped Dub City Chronicles with DJ Law. Since the release of the mix tape it has gone on to do a total of 19,886 downloads to date. Each week we have been leaking a new record off the project for those fans who have favorites and for everyone to get something different each week. Each record we have released via various online media outlets has done over 1,000 downloads Each.

In March, Pro Logic and I began laying the foundation for my next project, S.O.S. (Samples of Soul). The project started because the music producers sent to me inspired me to really create something special. The vibe of all the records had sort sort of soulful mood to them. While we were working on the project I leaked a promo single for the project "Pretty Young Thing" which has done over 11,000 plays on Myspace and over 8,500 downloads. Each week of March I also leaked pre-mixed versions of I Wish & Be Who You Are (both have over 2,500 downloads to date)as well as Where I'm From (over 1200 downloads to date).

P.S. The S.O.S. campaign officially starts on Friday May 15th !!!

In the last couple of weeks as we have been tracking the numbers (Shout outs to Tiffany, Joanna, as well as Trini & JD) and the response over the last 30 days has been incredible. I would like to thank everyone for their support in helping me push my music to the next level.

With regards to projects coming out in 2009.

As many of you have heard A.C.E.S. is the next project after S.O.S. and you can look out for that in late summer. Right now A.C.E.S. is about half way done, I'm still working on loads of material for it. I should be finished with it by the end of the month. ... Don't worry there will be promo records and additional material floating around before it actually drops.

There is a lot more music that is being either mixed, written, produced or all of the above. On Wed I was working with my producers Brian & Chris of H.I.t.S. Productions. We started laying the ground work for our project ... I can't wait to get back to work on that this Saturday.

Today, I talked to Krazy Jay earlier about the music we are working on, been putting everything in place for the next wave of music.

In addition to all of that, I am also working on something special for everyone come the end of the year. More details on that down the road. In the mean time its back to the grind. So much to do and not enough hours.

There is a lot more big news coming... I will have more new music for you come the end of this weekend.

Quote: "Everyday you don't do it, someone else does... remember that." - L.I.R.I.X.

S.O.S. is coming... S.O.S. is coming !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment